This program provides a simple mechanism to download data from the XML data export facility on SourceForge.net. This utility is needed (in place of a downloader like wget or curl) since authentication by a project administrator is required to access the XML export facility.
xml_export [options] > output_file
OPTIONS --login Login to the SourceForge.net site --logout Logout of the SourceForge.net site --groupid=GROUPID Group ID of the project whose data you wish to export
The following error levels are returned upon exit of this program:
1 failure: general (requested DocManager operation failed)
2 failure: authentication failure
3 failure: must --login before performing this operation
4 failure: bad command-line option specified or variable setting problem
5 failure: error in accessing/creating a file or directory
6 failure: failed to enter requested input before timeout expired
The original version of this program may be found in the materials provided from the SourceForge.net Site Documentation project (sitedocs) on the SourceForge.net site. The latest version of this program may be found in the CVS repository for the sitedocs project on SourceForge.net. The sitedocs project pages may be accessed at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/sitedocs
For security-related information for this application, please review the documentation provided for the adocman utility.
The following are examples for using this program to export project data via the XML data export facility on SourceForge.net. It is presumed that you have a valid SourceForge.net user account, which is listed as a project administrator on the project in question. This tool will only work for project administrators. The group ID for the project may be derived from the URL for the Admin page for the project, or by viewing the Project Admin page for the project (look for the text ``Your Group ID is: xxxxxx'').
To login to the SourceForge.net site via the command-line:
adocman --username=myusername --password=mypassword --login \ --groupid=8675309
To login to the SourceForge.net site, and be prompted to enter your password interactively:
adocman --username=myusername --interactive --login --groupid=8675309
To perform an export (after logging-in):
xml_export --groupid=8675309 > output.xml
To logout of SourceForge.net:
Additional capabilities (including the use of configuration files to specify information that would otherwise be provided interactively or on the command-line) are detailed in the documentation provided for the adocman utility.
To obtain output for debugging a problem, perform the same command as originally tested, but first add the --verbose flag, and determine whether you are able to solve the issue on your own. If the problem persists, see the ``SUPPORT AND BUGS'' section, below.
This program was written by a member of the SourceForge.net staff team. This software has been released under an Open Source license, for the greater benefit of the SourceForge.net developer community.
The SourceForge.net Site Documentation project is the caretaker of this software. Issues related to the use of this program, or bugs found in using this program, may be reported to the SourceForge.net Site Documentation project using their Support Request Tracker at: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=52614&atid=467457
Any support that is provided for this program is provided as to further enhance the stability and functionality of this program for SourceForge.net users. The SourceForge.net Site Documentation project makes use of this software for its own internal purposes, in managing the Site Documentation collection for the SourceForge.net site.
Nathan Oostendorp <firstname.lastname@example.org> and Jacob Moorman <email@example.com>
These prerequisites may be installed in an interactive, but automated fashion through the use of perl's CPAN module, invoked as:
perl -MCPAN -e shell;
Copyright (c) 2002-2004 Open Source Development Network, Inc. (``OSDN'') Copyright (c) 2004 OSTG, Inc. (``OSTG'')
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the ``Software''), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
1. The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
2. Neither the names of VA Software Corporation, OSDN, OSTG, SourceForge.net, the SourceForge.net Site Documentation project, nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from the Software without specific prior written permission of OSTG.
3. The name and trademarks of copyright holders may NOT be used in advertising or publicity pertaining to the Software without specific, written prior permission. Title to copyright in the Software and any associated documentation will at all times remain with copyright holders.
4. If any files are modified, you must cause the modified files to carry prominent notices stating that you changed the files and the date of any change. We recommend that you provide URLs to the location from which the code is derived.
5. Altered versions of the Software must be plainly marked as such, and must not be misrepresented as being the original Software.
6. The origin of the Software must not be misrepresented; you must not claim that you wrote the original Software. If you use the Software in a product, an acknowledgment in the product documentation would be appreciated but is not required.
7. The data files supplied as input to, or produced as output from, the programs of the Software do not automatically fall under the copyright of the Software, but belong to whomever generated them, and may be sold commercially, and may be aggregated with the Software.
8. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ``AS IS'', WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE OR DOCUMENTATION.
This Software consists of contributions made by OSTG and many individuals on behalf of OSTG. Specific attributions are listed in the accompanying credits file.
2002-12-03 Completed version 0.10 - move to classes, added POD
2004-11-23 Completed version 0.12 - cleanup, fixes